If you would like to stay in the beautiful countryside near Battle in East Sussex then this is the place to be. It is also the home of East Sussex Garden Rail a Member of the G Scale Society. This group specialises in Garden Railways and has extensive layouts which will delight old and young alike.Why stay here ...
Facilities on site ...
- Redcoat is situated 2 miles from Battle with stunning views across the valley where the Battle of Hastings took place.
- The caravan site is in front of an apple orchard which is a wonderful picture when the trees are in blossom.
- We have our own chickens, ducks and geese, and we also have model railway layouts to view.
- Flowers and vegetables are grown on site when in season.
- Coarse fishing
- Information room
- Shower (exclusive use) and WC (Exclusive use)
- TV reception: variable
- Unfenced water
Throughout the year East Sussex Garden Rail hold "Running Days" which are for Members of the G Scale Society but visitors are always welcome to come and see what we do. (See Open Days and Running Days on this website
Occasionally in the year we have "Open Days" where we open our railways to the Public to come and see what we are about and to enjoy our hobby. These "Open Days" will be shown on this website when they are available and we would welcome one and all but at the same time you could combine your visit by staying at Redcoat on their camp site.For more information about staying please call the Owners on 01424 772685